During a global Pandemic, we at SupportAsia have fortunately been able to provide quality care to our service users, and have been able to support new customer during these unprecedented times. Our teams have been training throughout the pandemics duration, in order to meet all government COVID-19 regulations and guidelines.
At the time of writing this notice the UK are experiencing a period of sustained transmission of coronavirus.
This means that cases of coronavirus are continuing to rise rapidly. However, as with any other virus, the best way to prevent infection and spread is to avoid being exposed to it. You can help to prevent the spread of any respiratory outbreak by doing the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin straight away, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow, then wash your hands
- Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness symptoms
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your face by wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space by staying at least 2 metres apart – or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
- If you have coronavirus symptoms, stay at home (unless you are attending a test site) and book a free NHS test to check if you have coronavirus
- If you are asked to self-isolate please follow the advice from the test and trace service in your area / nation. It is an offence not to self-isolate if told to do so
- If a member of staff has, a positive confirmed diagnosis of coronavirus Support Asia will prepare a list of all service users and staff the affected person has been in contact with for at least the previous 48 hours. We will fully co-operate with local test and trace services and contact service users customers or their representatives where this is appropriate.
Safe & Secure
At Support Asia, we will continue to provide the highest level of care and support our service users expect during the coronavirus pandemic. Our main goal throughout the coronavirus pandemic is to ensure that all of our service users and staff remain as safe as possible.
These are unprecedented times and we are doing our utmost to ensure that the guidance and procedures that we put in place follow the latest advice from the Government, Public Health England and the United Kingdom Health Care Association (UKHCA). This includes the adequate provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) – aprons, gloves, face masks and face shields, which we have been supplying to all our staff, and service users.
With the unsettling times that we find ourselves in, we appreciate that many of you have questions about yours or a loved one’s care, or even what we are asking our carers to do. We want to be completely transparent with you so that you can feel reassured and safe in the knowledge that you and yours are being looked after properly. If you have any question, you may contact us with your questions.
You can also view our Covid-19 infection, control and Prevention policy here.